Oh March, you were an expensive month.
Firstly my March goals:
- Carla is having an Easter Secret Sister Swap. You know I had to join that, it was so much fun last time. I need to finish putting my package together. Done
- Stick to the budget (this is a given but since I didn’t write it in stone last month, madness ensued.) BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Continue towork out at least 3 times a week Nope
- Research new living room furniture. I bought new curtains yesterday and they let in so much light I can now see just how awful my couch really is. LOL I looked online so I am counting this as a win 😉
- Move my bookshelf Done
- Start and finish my Steelers scarf Started but it is nowhere near finished
- Read 4 books I read one
- Finish my vision board Nope
3.5 out of 8. Dang, I need to step up my game. 😦
On the money front, I still track all my spending I just don’t post it here. I’m leaning towards monthly updates, so let’s start with last month.
My girl Gail (I think she’s everyone’s girl) breaks down budgets like this:
March’s budget for me was supposed to look like this:
Instead my budget actually looked like this:
I think I double counted some things as I didn’t do my usual put the money on my credit card right after I charged it. 😦 I won’t be making that decision again any time soon.
Having said all that my savings increased, my debts decreased and my net worth increased by 3.5%. Not as good as it could have been but I’ll take it.
Thankfully it’s a new month!! And with it comes new opportunities to get it right. 🙂
- Come up with a savings goal for Carla’s April savings challenge, post to come
- Try something new; budget bi-weekly instead of weekly to coincide with my paycheck
- Finish my scarf and post pictures
- Finish my vision board (gotta get this done, it is way overdue)
- Read 4 books
- Work out 3 times a week
- Do another cleanse
- Wake up early every morning to read and/or workout
- Figure out what to do with all my bank accounts
I have a lot of repeats from last month. I am going to keep them on my goals list until they are part of my routine then I will come up with new goals. 😉