Carla is inspiring me to get my money back under control this month.
Last month while I tracked every penny I spent, I did nothing with the information. I saw that I was going over budget in some categories and did not change a thing about my spending. 😦
This month I have made some changes to my budget. These changes will hopefully make it easier to stay on budget.
My goals for this challenge are:
- Cash only. I will take out my spending allowance bi-weekly on pay-day and not take out anything else until next pay-day … 2 very long weeks from now. Dust off my beautiful budget wallet and put it to good use this month. Hide my credit cards. Hide my debit card. This girl is going paper only!!
- Investigate cutting some of my regular costs. I’m pretty sure the discount on the internet part of my Rogers bill has expired. Time to see if I can get another discount.
- Get back to meal planning to use up what is already purchased. My freezer is full. The only thing I should be picking up from the store is perishables; milk, fruit and veggies. Nothing else, if I want bread I need to get back in the habit of baking some.
- Minimize eating out. As I say this I realize I have a dinner tomorrow and a lunch on Saturday already lined up. I will make a conscious effort on both occasions to eat as cheaply as possible. I don’t want to isolate myself to save money; that doesn’t seem like a good trade-off.
- 10 no spend days for the month.
I think that’s enough to
try to focus on along with my other April goals.