Lately I’ve been thinking about the end of the year. Not in an introspective kind of way but more in the importance society gives December 31/January 1. Truth is we are given a “fresh start” every day. This thought process of now that it’s a new year I get another chance to get it right is troubling me. I think we get a new chance every day we wake up.
I am going to attempt to change my mindset. No longer will I wait for next week or next month to do what I should have been doing all along. Case in point, this past Sunday I said I would start the 30 Day Sculpt and do all 5 weeks. On Sunday I did not take my butt off the couch. So I counted that day as my “rest” day and began on Monday. Tuesday night had me watching the ball drop THEN working out. As far as I am concerned since I did not sleep it was still a workout for Tuesday even if it was after midnight. 😉
- Spend more time with friends and family. I can’t say that I made a huge change in my visiting/hanging out. There are still lots of people on the list to spend time with. 😦
- Get active. According to myfitnesspal.com I moved my body 118 days last year.
- Reduce my debt. Not nearly as much as I would like
- Increase my net worth. Yes I have more than doubled my net worth. 🙂
- Learn and grow. I have no idea what I was trying to say here as this is as vague as it can get.
So I’m going to call it a tie. 😉
- I would like to say “yes” more often. I am far too comfortable chilling on my couch. So looking for cheap/free entertainment outside of my house is on the list. My BFF is now a part of several meetup groups and has informed me that there is no reason why we should be at home often anymore.
- I haven’t been on a plane in 3 years. I know first world problems. lol This year I would like to take my kids somewhere by plane. I will be on the look out for cheap vacation destinations. Having said that my BFF told me one of her meetup groups is going to South Africa in November … Oh to dream. For the 3 of us we are looking at $10K. I don’t think this trip is a possibility for this year, but hopefully for Diva’s
high schooluniversity graduation. I would say Princess but her dream trip is to go to England.
- I know I just finished telling you that I want to leave the house, but I also want to read more. Think there is a meetup group for that? Meet in the mall/park/zoo to read a book?? LOL I have picked 50 as the number of books I would like to read this year. I read 20 books last year. An Exacting Life has been reading books that she owns. Such a novel concept.
In addition to that I would also like to read the Bible. Actually if I am not mistaken, the black book in the first cubby of the second row from the top is one of my Bibles. I have read the beginning and the end, but all that happened between Genesis and Revelation … don’t ask me about that. I will end my night with pages from the Bible. I will start my days with The Book of Awakening and The Daily Book of Positive Quotations. Both books are a page a day so nothing too overwhelming.
- I can’t forget exercise. Project Get Healthy continues. My goal is to beat last year’s exercise number of 118 days. I think I can do that. Especially when looking back to see large chunks of time without exercise. Ideally I’d like to lose some weight too but the most important thing is that I keep moving.
- On the financial front, more of the same. Stay on or under budget. I have set up my budget to keep track of how on point I am on a cumulative basis so I can tighten the reins before it is a complete disaster. Since I was over-budget by 10% last year, my aim is to be 5% or less. I would say 0 but that doesn’t feel realistic to me.
- Learn to really use my not so new camera and post more of my own pictures on this blog. I have taken 2 classes but still the best way to learn is to just go play with it so I will be doing that this year. My cousin bought herself a dSLR too and is going to take a course at her local college so I’m sure she will share any knowledge she gets. 🙂
I feel like I am forgetting something but I can’t put my finger on what yet. I’m sure decluttering my home should be on this list but let’s not get too crazy!! LOL